NO TO RAGGING
“A coward is incapable of exhibiting love; it is the prerogative of the brave.” Mahatma Gandhi
Under Section 26(1)(g) of the University Grants Commission Act, 1956 Anti Ragging Committee is formed with definite rules are displayed on the notice board for awareness of the students. Following the amendment SKITM have procedures wherein meetings by Anti-Squad members at regular interval, Surprising visits to hostels, in campus and off campus area. Billboards and analysis of ragging consequences are displayed in all student sections; canteens, restroom, hostels, classes, auditorium, etc. Programs concerning to these activities are hosted in campus and hostels.
|Sr. No.||Name of Member||Designation||Mobile no.||Email ID|
|1||AVM Praveen Kumar||Chairman||9424008366||[email protected]|
|2||Mr. Balabhau V Patil||Assistant public prosecutor, Morwadi court, Pimpri, Pune-18|
|3||Dr. Amit Udawat||Head EC||9893002025||[email protected]|
|4||Dr. Rashmi Yadav||Head CSE||9827014421||[email protected]|
|5||Mr. Sachin Pare||Head ME||9399489114||[email protected]|
|6||Mr. Girish Patidar||Head Civil||9826605525||[email protected]|
|7||Mr. Brajesh Chaturvedi||First Year Head||9827741345||[email protected]|
|8||Mr. Anshul Gour||First Year Engineering Student||8839933998||[email protected]|
|9||Mr. Vijay Upadhyay||Lab Assistant, Non-teaching staff||9893564677||[email protected]|
List of Measures taken to curb menace of Ragging:
- Anti-Ragging Committee is formed.
- Anti-Ragging squads are constituted.
- Signed affidavits from students & parents at the beginning of the academic year were taken.
- Complaint boxes are provided at various locations in college.
- Prominent display of anti-ragging posters is made.
- Hostel warden – full time with cell phone-available for 24 Hrs, is exclusively appointed.
- Definition of Ragging and Punishments in all notice boards is displayed.
- Distribution & display of important phone numbers of Principal / Warden / senior faculty / Management members, District & Sub-divisional authorities and Police officers.
- Senior Mentors & faculty in-charges are allotted for freshers, divided into small groups.
- Class councilors for each class are assigned.
- Grievance redressal cell at the central level is formed.
- Constant vigilance at key places is planned.
- Cultural / sports function – joint program will be arranged
- Each student will have college ID card.
- Fresher day will be arranged.
- Principal addressed all staff & students on Ragging.
- Parents are involved & informed of Ragging Act.
The punishment may also include any of the following:
- Withholding / withdrawing scholarship / fellowship and other benefits.
- Debarring from appearing for any test / examination or other evaluation process.
- Debarring from representing the Institution in any national or international meet, tournament, youth festival, etc.
- Rustication from the Institution for periods varying from 1 to 2 academic years.
- Expulsion from the Institution and consequent debarring from admission to any other Institution.
- Cancellation of admission.
- Suspension from attending classes
- Withholding results.
- Suspension, expulsion from the hostel.
- Fine up to Rs.50.000/-.
- Rigorous imprisonment up to ten years (by Court of Law) etc.