Head of Department
Department of Civil Engineering
The Department focuses on advanced research and education in the broad areas of Geotechnical, Structural, Transportation, and Water Resources & Environmental Engineering.
Intake, Affiliation and Duration
- Program: B.Tech. (Civil Engineering)
- Intake: 90
- Duration: 04 Years
- Approved By: AICTE
- Affiliation: Rajiv Gandhi Proudyogiki Vishwavidyalaya, Bhopal
To be a centre of excellence by producing civil engineers who can face dynamic challenges confronting society.
- To produce technically competent and globally employable civil engineers by providing excellent education and field exposure.
- To develop industry-academia relationships by providing consultancy services.
- To meet the challenges confronting society by undertaking research and continuing education programmes for the academic and field community.
- To organise co-curricular and extracurricular activities for overall personality development of civil engineering graduates.
- Understanding of engineering fundamentals and their application to the solution of problems.
- Completion of a broad-based curriculum rich in liberal studies intended to raise awareness of cultural contexts and societal issues.
- Creation of sound designs subject to uncertainty and to multiple societal and engineering constraints.
- Experience with the process of research inquiry.
- Demonstrated skill at learning.
- Project management skills and an aptitude for management of multiple tasks.
- Creative, independent thinking and a tolerance for ambiguity.
- Communication skills, both written and oral.
- A capacity for leadership, inclusiveness, and teamwork.
- Professionalism, including ethics.
- A desire to provide service to society.
- To provide students with the fundamental technical knowledge and skills in mathematics, science and engineering to recognize and solve problems in the areas of structural design, geo-technical and geoenvironmental engineering.
- To provide students with the necessary skills and practical experience to fulfil their professional duties and responsibilities in teamwork, ethics, technical leadership, business acumen and lifelong learning.
- To make the students be in a position to practice professionally in various positions in industry or government and succeed in graduate or other professional schools.
- To mould the students to become future engineers, scientists, researchers, and innovators and make substantial contributions to the society of civil engineers.
- To prepare the students to be successful engineers or managers meeting the global industrial requirements.
- To make the students put constant efforts to improve the living quality of all walks of life by solving a wide range of problems.
- To produce young entrepreneurs who will partake in the development of Indian society in its vision to become a superpower.
- Plan, design and construct sustainable structures that protect and restore the natural environment.
- Apply innovative, state-of-the-art technologies and provide solutions to Civil Engineering problems.
- Apply modern techniques and tools to complete building projects.