Diploma in Civil Engineering
Head of Department
Department of Civil Engineering
The Department focuses on advanced research and education in the broad areas of Geotechnical, Structural, Transportation, and Water Resources & Environmental Engineering.
Intake, Affiliation and Duration
- Program: Diploma (Civil Engineering)
- Intake: 30
- Duration: 03 Years
- Approved By: AICTE
- Affiliation: Rajeev Gandhi Proudyogiki Vishwavidyalaya, Bhopal
To be a centre of excellence by producing technically civil engineers who could face dynamic challenges confronting society.
- To produce technically competent and globally employable civil engineers by providing excellent education and field exposure
- To develop industry-academia relationship by providing consultancy services.
- To meet the challenges confronting society by undertaking research and continuing education programmes for academic and field community.
- To organise co-curricular and extracurricular activities for overall personality development of civil engineering graduates.
Programme Educational Objectives (PEOs)
The Program Educational Objectives for the Civil Engineering are to prepare our students to:
- Achieve excellence in engineering decision-making and design,
- Attain leadership careers in engineering practice,
- Complete graduate professional engineering education,
- Pursue advanced study and research in engineering, and
- Engage in diverse, alternative career choices
Programme Outcomes (POs)
- Understanding of engineering fundamentals and their application to the solution of problems,
- Completion of a broad-based curriculum rich in liberal studies intended to raise awareness of cultural contexts and societal issues,
- Creation of sound designs subject to uncertainty and to multiple societal and engineering constraints,
- Experience with the process of research inquiry,
- Demonstrated skill at learning,
- Project management skills and an aptitude for management of multiple tasks,
- Creative, independent thinking and a tolerance for ambiguity,
- Communication skills, both written and oral,
- A capacity for leadership, inclusiveness, and teamwork,
- Professionalism, including ethics,
- A desire to provide service to society, and
- An understanding of the contemporary dynamism of the CEE profession and of the need for continued scholarship.
Program Specific Outcomes (PSOs)
- Competence in Civil Engineering: Educating students with fundamental mathematical, scientific, and engineering knowledge to have a significant and positive long-term impact on the field of civil engineering.
- Usage of Cutting Edge Technology: Inspiring students and preparing them for successful professional careers using appropriate techniques, resources and modern attitudes and modeling to complex engineering activities and research.
- Ability to Coordinate and communicate in groups: Emphasizing the importance of working in a team effectively and to communicate properly within the team to achieve the desired outcome.
- Continuous improvement: Motivate students in learning to learn and the ability to keep learning for a lifetime to increase their professionalism, update and deepen their knowledge through the development of the profession.