Diploma in Mechanical Engineering
The Department of Mechanical Engineering at SKITM has the state-of-art facilities available for it’s students and we have got a good blend of experienced and young, highly motivated faculties with rich academic experience. Most of the faculty members are presenting papers in several reputed National, International conferences on a regular basis and delivering the Faculty Development Programs to strengthen their academics.
Department is regularly conducting industrial visits for the students to aware of the working and other cultures of the industry. In industry, students come across many Japanese cultures like TQM, TPM, Kaizen, 5S etc.
Intake, Affiliation and Duration
Program: Diploma (Mechanical Engineering)
Duration: 03 Years
Approved By: AICTE
Affiliation: Rajeev Gandhi Proudyogiki Vishwavidyalaya, Bhopal
Laboratories in the Department
The department has well equipped more than 10 laboratories and a central workshop which are being supervised by experienced teachers having multiple exposures of industry and teaching. The department possesses a full cut section model of IC engine (Six cylinder Eicher engine) for demonstration of its complete working. The title of laboratories are given below
- Thermodynamics / Thermal Engineering Lab
- Theory Of Machine / Dynamics Of Machine Lab
- Material Technology Lab
- Fluid Mechanics And Hydraulics Lab
- Refrigeration & Air-Conditioning Lab
- Heat & Mass Transfer Lab
- Mechanical Vibration Lab
- Strength Of Materials Lab
- Internal Combustion Engine / Automobile Lab
- CAD/CAM/CIM Lab
- Mechanical Measurement And Control Lab
- Basic Mechanical Engineering Lab
- Project Lab
- Central Workshop
- Software/ Training Module Available With the Department
- Auto CAD
- CNC Drilling Trainer
- Cut Section Model Of Complete Engine Assembly Including Transmission System (Eicher Heavy Vehicle)
- CREO Software
- AFT Fathom
- CNC Simulator
Programme educational objective
- Graduates will be engineering practitioners and leaders, who will help solve industry’s technological problems.
- Graduates will be engineering professionals, innovators or entrepreneurs engaged in technology development, technology deployment, or engineering system implementation in industry.
- Graduates will function in their profession with social awareness and responsibility.
- Graduates will interact with their peers in other disciplines in industry and society and contribute to the economic growth of the country.
- Graduates will be successful in pursuing higher studies in engineering or management.
- Graduates will pursue career paths in teaching or research.
Program Specific Outcomes
By the completion of program of mechanical Engineering graduates will demonstrate:
- Professional Skills: Ability to understand basic principles and working of mechanical engineering systems and processes and to apply these concepts in practical situations.
- Problem Solving Skills: An ability to understand and solve simple to complex problems across all domains of mechanical engineering.
- Computing and Research Skills: Ability to apply the knowledge of various computational techniques and /or otherwise to identify research gaps and provide solutions by new ideas.