Dr. Sumeet Khurana
Head of Department
Faculty of Management Studies
MBA in today’s scenario is considered as a basic qualification for management positions be it in the Finance, Marketing, and HR department of an organization. The major advantages of pursuing MBA is the exposure to the theories of management and their practical implications, understanding the actual organizational environment, the working culture and learning the ways to become successful managers in various disciplines.
In present globally acquired business environment, dynamic managers having vision, resourcefulness and proficiency to face the problems and challenges are in demand.
Keeping this in view, the Department of Management Studies, trains the students with quality education and skill sets required in the business world. The pedagogy followed is in coherence with the current requirements in order to bring out the best in the students to be successful managers.
The institution has highly competent, committed and proficient faculty who have associated their personal aims and growth with that of the institution. We concentrate on providing soft skills with special emphasis on spoken English, role plays, case discussions, mock interviews, group discussions etc.
Intake, Affiliation and Duration
- Intake: 60
- Duration: 05 Years
- Approved By: AICTE
- Affiliation: RGPV, Bhopal
To inculcate values which empower students to face challenges and develop vibrant academic environment for best quality education.
To nurture the skill sets which are highly required by the service sector by producing more holistic managers who will practice the management profession with a deeper understanding of global challenges. A rigorous programme focusing on 360-degree development, one to one mentoring, exposure to corporate working and practical oriented teaching.
- Demonstrate the knowledge of management science to solve complex corporate problems using limited resources.
- Research literature and identify and analyze management research problems.
- Identify business opportunities, design and implement innovations in work space.
- Apply reasoning informed by the contextual knowledge to assess societal, health, safety, legal, and cultural issues and the consequent responsibilities relevant to management practice.
- Apply ethical principles and make ethical choices.
- Function effectively as an individual, and as a member or leader in diverse teams, and in multidisciplinary settings.
- Communicate effectively with all stakeholders of his role as a manager.
- Engage in independent and life-long learning.
Objectives for the first three years of the programme:
- Demonstrate language skills
- Demonstrate oral communication skills
- Demonstrate knowledge of foundational subjects for management studies
- Demonstrate an awareness of ethical understanding
Objectives of the last two years of the programme:
- Enable students to understand relevance of context in business
- Develop social consciousness
- Develop critical thinking skills
- Inculcate integrative thinking ability
- Promote interpersonal awareness and ability to work in groups
- Enable students to learn how to apply the basic principles of communication in order to write effective business messages, case analysis and reports.
- Develop competence in quantitative analysis
- Prepare business leaders with a sound understanding of ethics