Head of Department
Department of Mechanical Engineering
The Department of Mechanical Engineering at SKITM has the state-of-art facilities available for it’s students and we have got a good blend of experienced and young, highly motivated faculties with rich academic experience. Most of the faculty members are presenting papers in several reputed National, International conferences on a regular basis and delivering the Faculty Development Programs to strengthen their academics.
Department is regularly conducting industrial visits for the students to aware of the working and other cultures of the industry. In industry, students come across many Japanese cultures like TQM, TPM, Kaizen, 5S etc.
Intake, Affiliation and Duration
- Program: B.Tech. (Mechanical Engineering)
- Intake: 90
- Duration: 04 Years
- Approved By: AICTE
- Affiliation: Rajiv Gandhi Proudyogiki Vishwavidyalaya, Bhopal
To be renowned for research lead quality education creating skill-ready, innovative and entrepreneurial Mechanical Engineering Graduates.
- Quality Education: Prepare responsible graduates having sound fundamental knowledge and problem solving ability, by constantly improving pedagogical methods in academic programmes.
- Innovation: Prepare graduates to respond effectively to the persistent needs of the industry by inculcating creative thinking and competitive spirit in all activities.
- Research: Develop partnership with various organizations to achieve excellence in academics through collaborative research and by providing consultancy to the industries.
- Entrepreneurship: Cultivate the spirit of calculated risk taking and thus generating self employment amongst graduates.
- Value: Prepare graduates having trust and obedience for the growth of the society at large.
- An ability of applying knowledge of mathematical techniques, scientific theories, engineering fundamentals and an engineering specialization to the solution of simple to complex problems.
- An ability to identify, formulate, analyze and solve Mechanical Engineering problems, reaching substantiated conclusions using first principles of engineering and natural sciences.
- An ability to design and evaluate a Mechanical system component or a process that meets desired specifications and functional requirements, considering manufacturability, sustainability, environmental, societal, cultural and public health & safety issues.
- An ability to develop and conduct experiments using research methods, including collection and analysis of data to interpret and validate results for research based knowledge.
- An ability to develop/select and use appropriate techniques, tools, skills, engineering software and equipment necessary for practicing modeling, prediction etc. in engineering activities.
- An ability to understand contextual and contemporary knowledge to assess societal, health & safety, legal and cultural issues.
- The need for sustainable development by assessing the impact of professional engineering solutions in economic, environmental and societal contexts.
- An understanding of professional ethics & responsibilities to uplift norms of engineering practice.
- An ability to function as an individual and as a leader or team member in diverse teams or in a multidisciplinary setting.
- An ability to communicate effectively on engineering activities or otherwise in verbal, written and graphical form.
- An ability to engage in self education for lifelong learning by participating in quality improvement programmes and so, in the broadest context of technological change.
- An ability to practice financial planning and analysis of academic or industrial projects including the practice of principles and functions of management to develop managerial and entrepreneurial skills.
- Graduates will be engineering practitioners and leaders, who will help solve industry’s technological problems.
- Graduates will be engineering professionals, innovators or entrepreneurs engaged in technology development, technology deployment, or engineering system implementation in industry.
- Graduates will function in their profession with social awareness and responsibility.
- Graduates will interact with their peers in other disciplines in industry and society and contribute to the economic growth of the country.
- Graduates will be successful in pursuing higher studies in engineering or management.
- Graduates will pursue career paths in teaching or research.
By the completion of program of mechanical Engineering graduates will demonstrate:
- Professional Skills: Ability to understand basic principles and working of mechanical engineering systems and processes and to apply these concepts in practical situations.
- Problem Solving Skills: An ability to understand and solve simple to complex problems across all domains of mechanical engineering.
- Computing and Research Skills: Ability to apply the knowledge of various computational techniques and /or otherwise to identify research gaps and provide solutions by new ideas.