Training for Mechanical Engineers
The department has well equipped more than 10 laboratories and a central workshop which are being supervised by experienced teachers having multiple exposures of industry and teaching. The department possesses a full cut section model of IC engine (Six cylinder Eicher engine) for demonstration of its complete working. The title of laboratories are given below:
- Thermodynamics / Thermal Engineering Lab
- Theory Of Machine / Dynamics Of Machine Lab
- Material Technology Lab
- Fluid Mechanics And Hydraulics Lab
- Refrigeration & Air-Conditioning Lab
- Heat & Mass Transfer Lab
- Mechanical Vibration Lab
- Strength Of Materials Lab
- Internal Combustion Engine / Automobile Lab
- CAD/CAM/CIM Lab
- Mechanical Measurement And Control Lab
- Basic Mechanical Engineering Lab
- Project Lab
- Central Workshop
Software/ Training Module Available With the Department
- Auto CAD
- CNC Drilling Trainer
- Cut Section Model Of Complete Engine Assembly Including Transmission System (Eicher Heavy Vehicle)
- CREO Software
- AFT Fathom
- CNC Simulator
- Demonstration of engine supplied by BMW
Testing and Consulting Facilities (Mechanical Engineering Department)
In the Mechanical Engineering Department, we have Testing Machines operation viz UTM, Hardness, Impact Tester.
Testing on UTM
- Tensile strength with elongation
- Yield/Proof stress
Testing on Brinell/Rockwell Hardness Tester
- Hardness testing
- Impact Testing
- Izod impact testing
- Charpy impact test
Collaborative approach of learning practice with IIT Indore, ISNEE, SAE India, ISHRAE.
- Intend to provide practical experience by real-time training with DCS, Indo German Tool Room, and assessment of Industrial Training, etc.
- Exposure to Patents and Publications.
- Final year students prepare physical models of their projects to learn different Mech. Engg. processes.
- The department is conducting the special classes for GATE aspirants / Mock test/interview for appearing in final interviews.