The Department focuses on advanced research and education in the broad areas of Geotechnical, Structural, Transportation, and Water Resources & Environmental Engineering.
Intake, Affiliation and Duration
- Program: B.Tech. (Civil Engineering)
- Intake: 90
- Duration: 04 Years
- Approved By: AICTE
- Affiliation: Rajiv Gandhi Proudyogiki Vishwavidyalaya, Bhopal
To be a centre of excellence by producing civil engineers who can face dynamic challenges confronting society.
- To produce technically competent and globally employable civil engineers by providing excellent education and field exposure.
- To develop industry-academia relationships by providing consultancy services.
- To meet the challenges confronting society by undertaking research and continuing education programmes for the academic and field community.
- To organise co-curricular and extracurricular activities for overall personality development of civil engineering graduates.
|S.No.||Name of Faculty||Qualifications||Email Id|
|01||Prof. Shakti Pandey||B.E., M.Tech, PGD, JRFfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|02||Prof. Piyush Soni||B.E., M.Techemail@example.com|
|03||Prof. Anuj Choubey||B.E., M.E.||firstname.lastname@example.org|
|04||Prof. Geeta Dandre||Diploma, B.E., M.Techemail@example.com|
|05||Prof. Neha Verma||Diploma, B.E., M.Techfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|06||Prof. Pramod Badole||B.E., M.Tech (Pur)||email@example.com|
|07||Prof. Shahrukh Mansoori||B.E., M.Tech (Pur)||firstname.lastname@example.org|
- Understanding of engineering fundamentals and their application to the solution of problems.
- Completion of a broad-based curriculum rich in liberal studies intended to raise awareness of cultural contexts and societal issues.
- Creation of sound designs subject to uncertainty and to multiple societal and engineering constraints.
- Experience with the process of research inquiry.
- Demonstrated skill at learning.
- Project management skills and an aptitude for management of multiple tasks.
- Creative, independent thinking and a tolerance for ambiguity.
- Communication skills, both written and oral.
- A capacity for leadership, inclusiveness, and teamwork.
- Professionalism, including ethics.
- A desire to provide service to society.
- To provide students with the fundamental technical knowledge and skills in mathematics, science and engineering to recognize and solve problems in the areas of structural design, geo-technical and geoenvironmental engineering.
- To provide students with the necessary skills and practical experience to fulfil their professional duties and responsibilities in teamwork, ethics, technical leadership, business acumen and lifelong learning.
- To make the students be in a position to practice professionally in various positions in industry or government and succeed in graduate or other professional schools.
- To mould the students to become future engineers, scientists, researchers, and innovators and make substantial contributions to the society of civil engineers.
- To prepare the students to be successful engineers or managers meeting the global industrial requirements.
- To make the students put constant efforts to improve the living quality of all walks of life by solving a wide range of problems.
- To produce young entrepreneurs who will partake in the development of Indian society in its vision to become a superpower.
Testing and Consultancy facilities
We at SKITM, Indore are providing technical services for testing of Materials like Soil, Coarse and Fine Aggregate, Crusher Products, Cement all types, Concrete Cubes / Blocks / Cement Concrete, Interlocking Blocks, Flooring Tiles, Bricks all types and consultancy facilities in the field of Environmental Engineering in Civil Engineering Laboratory of the Institute.
Tests for soil
- Laboratory C.B.R. test
- Liquid limit and plastic limit test
- Shrinkage limit test
- Permeability test (lab)
- Sieve analysis (Gradation of soil)
- Moisture content
- Proctor compaction test (OMC-MDD)
Tests for Bricks
- Compressive strength.
- Water absorption.
- Tests for aggregates
- Flakiness index
- Elongation index
- Specific gravity
- Sieve analysis (Gradation )
- Soundness test
- Tests for Concrete
- Compressive Strength
- Slump Test
Tests for Cement
- Fineness test
- Consistency test
- Initial and final setting time
- Compressive Strength
Tests for water / waste-water
- Dissolved Oxygen
- Biochemical Oxygen Demand
- Chemical Oxygen Demand
- Suspended solids
- Dissolved solids
- Total solids
- Total Hardness
- Calcium Hardness
- Mg Hardness
Every year the interdepartmental competition is organized by the civil engineering department having various technical and non-technical activities with lots of cash and other prizes named Civil Mania / Thrill o Civil Bridge Model making and Crane making.
- 3 Days workshop on software SAP and STAADPro.
- How to prepare for Competitive Exams: (GATE, IES, PSCs)
- Courses on Construction Management by AMITY UNIVERSITY.
- Lectures on “Building Information Modeling” (BIM).
- 01:00 - ()
- SKITM Reception Area
- 11:00 - ()
- Zoo, Indore
What Our Students Say
The infrastructure of the SKITM is really very good. The campus is neat and well-maintained. The classrooms are very spacious and have a good environment to learn in. The canteen is clean and neatly maintained. Our faculties are really good and help the students in every aspect and are really supportive. Our institution is really good for placement and training.
SKITM believes in quality education. Teaching facilities are excellent in the institute. The students are always their priority. So that they can help the students to enhance their skill and professional abilities. The environment and infrastructure of SKITM is wonderful. Also, the activities organized by the college are very helpful and good.