Electronics & Communication Engineering
Head of Department
Department of Electronics & Communication Engineering
The sole purpose of the department is to help students to discover their capabilities. We have consistently maintained a commendable academic record.
Our objective is academic excellence and quality education, to enhance the employable skills of students.
Intake Affiliation and Duration:
- Program: B.Tech. (Electronics & Communication Engineering)
- Intake: 60
- Duration: 04 Years
- Approved By: AICTE
- Affiliation: Rajiv Gandhi Proudyogiki Vishwavidyalaya, Bhopal
- Department development into a full-fledged centre of learning and research in various fields of Electronics and Communication Engineering keeping in view the latest developments.
- Student’s development in attaining a solid foundation in Electronics and Communication Engineering fundamentals with an attitude to pursue continuing education.
- Students functionality professionally and technically in an increasingly international and rapidly changing world due to the advances in technologies and concepts.
- Students practicing excellent leadership qualities, at levels appropriate to their experience, which addresses issues in a responsive, ethical, and innovative manner.
- Students performing excellently in careers by being a part of success and growth of an organization with which they are associated.
- Students contributing to the needs of the society in solving technical problems using Electronics and Communication Engineering principles, tools, and practices.
To provide education for the students who are able to compete internationally on technical and professional grounds, able to generate creative solutions to the society’s needs, conscious to the universal moral values, adherent to the professional ethical code, and to produce and disseminate knowledge and technologies essential to the local and global needs in the field of electronics and communication engineering.
|01||Dr. Amit udawat||Associate Professor & Head||B.E., M.Tech, PhD||[email protected]|
|02||Prof. Megha motta||Assistant Professor||B.E., M.Tech, PhD (Pur)||[email protected]|
|03||Prof. Vishal pawar||Assistant Professor||B.E., M.Tech||[email protected]|
|04||Prof. Abhishek rawat||Assistant Professor||B.E., M.Tech||[email protected]|
|05||Prof. Sneha nagar||Assistant Professor||B.E., M.Tech||[email protected]|
|06||Prof. Deepak pancholi||Assistant Professor||B.E., M.Tech||[email protected]|
|07||Prof. Akshay Patidar||Assistant Professor||B.E., M.Tech||[email protected]|
|08||Prof. Vinod Kumar Sonkar||Assistant Professor||B.E., M.Tech||[email protected]|
|09||Prof. Viketan Verma||Assistant Professor||B.E., M.Tech||[email protected]|
|10||Prof. Ashutosh Kashiv||Associate Professor||B.E., M.Tech||[email protected]|
|11||Mr. Ajay K Rampuri||Lab Technician||Diploma||[email protected]|
|12||Mrs. Rupali Shekokar||Lab Technician||Diploma||[email protected]|
- Acquiring adequate knowledge on fundamentals of engineering sciences, applied mathematics and computational aspects and to apply the comprehension gained on laboratory experiments.
- Possessing good listening, reading, writing and spoken skills on technical English communications.
- Applying the communicative language skills and professional knowledge to gain job opportunities in leading organizations.
- Motivated with an interest to undergo higher studies or research in India or foreign countries.
- Ability to design, construct and test application oriented circuits and systems related analog/digital/mixed signal based electronics, signal processing and telecommunication engineering.
- Developing skills to carry our experiments listed in the curriculum and to implement individual/team projects.
- Learning professional, managerial, ethical and environmental based principles to become excellent citizens of our nation.
- Ability to use computers for programming, simulation, documentation, calculation, slide presentation and other application based needs such as Photoshop, etc.
- Acquiring required broader knowledge on all other engineering disciplines including engineering graphics and engineering practices.
- Flexibility to execute team work without any disparity based on gender, interdisciplinary, etc.
- Presenting technical research papers in the National / International conferences, reputed journals, workshops and symposia.
- To impart knowledge to students on the fundamentals of basic science, mathematics and computer science that would help them to comprehend the design and developmental concepts of Electronics and Communication Engineering.
- To develop the indispensable communication skills and essential comprehensive abilities in students and provide them with hardware and software skill training that will facilitate them to attain excellent job opportunities in the industries or for their higher studies.
- To provide practical skills through hands-on experience to the students to relate the knowledge gained on various scientific and technical courses in order to carry out curriculum based laboratory experiments and team projects.
- To provide exhaustive knowledge and demonstrations related to the core area of Electronics and Communication Engineering, starting from the fundamentals to the level of analysis, synthesis and design of circuits and systems, in addition to the exposure on the latest advancements in the field.
- To cultivate the students with a broader knowledge of usage of computers, management, ethical and moral principles, environmental issues and other engineering disciplines.
- To familiarize the students with the concept of state of art, computing techniques and simulations which help them to incorporate new ideas in any field of technology in order to make advancements in the already existing knowledge.
- To foster an interest for self learning, updating recent developments, innovations in the major area of study by way of plant training and industrial visit and motivating to present in national/international forums for dissemination of knowledge.
|Name of program||Year/Semester||Course Code||Course Name||Syllabus||Scheme|
|EC302||Electronic Measurement and Instrumentation|
|EC303||Digital System Design|
|BT107||Evaluation of Internship-I completed in 1st year|
|BT307||90 hrs internship based on using various softwares-Internship-II|
|B.Tech. ECE||II/IV||ES401||Energy & Environmental Engineering||Download||Download|
|EC402||Signals & Systems|
|B.Tech. ECE||III/V||EC 501||Microprocessor & its Application||Download||Download|
|EC 502||Digital Communication|
|EC 503||Departmental Elective|
|EC 504||Open Elective|
|EC 505||CNTL Lab|
|EC 506||Matlab Programming|
|EC-507||Evaluation of Internship-II|
|EC 508||Minor Project 1|
|B.Tech. ECE||III/VI||EC601||Digital Signal Processing||Download||Download|
|EC602||Antenna & Wave propagation|
|EC603||Departmental Elective[603 (A) Data Communication]|
|EC604||Open Elective[604(A) Microcontroller & Embedded system]|
|EC605||Data Communication Lab|
|EC606||Microcontroller & Embedded system|
|EC608||Minor Project II|
|B.Tech. ECE||IV/VII||EC701||VLSI Design||Download||Download|
|EC702||Departmental Elective[702(A) Microwave Engg.]|
|EC703||Open Elective[703(B) Internet of Things]|
|EC607||Evaluation of Internship -III|
|B.Tech. ECE||IV/VIII||EC801||Optical Fibre Communication||Download||Download|
|EC802||Departmental Elective[802 (B) Wireless Communication]|
|EC803||Open Elective[803(A) Wireless Network]|
|EC804||Advanced Communication Engg. Lab|
Embedded Systems and Applications of AVR Microcontroller
Applications of IoT – Students are trained regarding applications of IOT for the society in various domains like industrial, medical, armed forces and many more. Details of supporting technologies like Raspberry-Pi and Aurdino are also shared with the students.
Training on the topic “Evolution of Technologies in Hyper-Connected World”.
A three week training program on Introduction to MATLAB Applications, MATLAB Fundamentals, Simulink Signal Processing Toolbox, Communications Toolbox, Antenna Toolbox, Image Processing Toolbox.
Industrial Automation using PLC and SCADA – Organized and coordinated Industrial Training programs in association with Autosys, Indore.
PCB Designing & Fabrication” is conducted under the aegis of ISTE (Indian Society for Technical Education) Students Chapter – Hands on training for designing PCB on Eagle software followed by hardware fabrication and component assembly were covered. After circuit fabrication testing is done by the students to ensure proper working of the circuit.
|S. No.||Name of Laboratory||Room Number|
|2||Instrumentation and Control Laboratory||105(E)|
|3||Electronic Devices Laboratory||105(D)|
|4||Network Analysis Laboratory||105(D)|
|5||Digital Electronics Laboratory||105(C)|
|6||Microprocessor & Microcontroller Laboratory||105(A)|
|8||VLSI Design Laboratory||104(B,C)|
|9||Optical Communication Laboratory||201|
|10||Microwave Engineering Laboratory||202|
|11||Antenna & Wave Propagation Laboratory||202|
|12||Analog & Digital Communication Laboratory||201|
|13||Communication Network and Transmission Line Laboratory||202|
|14||Satellite Communication Laboratory||104(B,C)|
Electronics Devices and Circuits Lab
They can analyze the characteristics PN, Zener diode and LED, design rectifiers with and without filters, analyze transistor characteristics, study frequency response of amplifiers, measure frequency, phase of signals.
Digital Circuits Lab
- Know building blocks used in digital circuit designing.
- To understand the implementation of combinational and sequential circuits using the minimization techniques (K-maps, Quine–McCluskey algorithm)
- Be aware of applications of the combinational circuits and sequential circuits in the real world scenarios by implementing different circuits.
Electronic Instrumentation Lab
- Wide range of transducer such as temperature, optical, LVDT ,strain gauge etc
- Function generators, CROs,
- Digital Multimeter
- PLC kit
- AC /DC Bridge
Analog and digital communication Lab
Testing and verification of basic communication techniques such as amplitude modulation, DSB, SSB, FM, PCM, delta, angle modulation and digital modulation schemes, It also incorporate FDM and TDM Techniques.
- DSB/SSB AM transmitter and Receiver trainer
- Frequency modulation/Demodulation trainer
- FM Communication trainer AC /DC Bridge
- Frequency Division Multiplexing/Demultiplexing
- TDM Pulse amplitude modulation/ Demodulation trainer
- TDM Pulse code modulation transmitter/Receiver trainer
- Sampling and reconstruction trainer
- Noise Audio Amplifier trainer
- Delta, Adaptive Delta sigma modulation and Demodulation trainer, and many more.
Verification and design of digital circuits MUX/DEMUX, Encoder, Counters etc.It deals the programming of 8086 microprocessor and its interfacing with 8255,8253, 8279 and other interfacing ICs.
- 8086 microprocessor trainer kit with LCD display & ASCII Keyboard
- Kit for various interfacing ICs with processors 8255 Study Card ,8253 Study Card,8279 study card and many more.
Advance Communication and Television Engineering Lab
- CDMA Trainer
- GSM Trainer
- Fiber optic trainer using LED Source Frequency Division Multiplexing/Demultiplexing
- Fiber optic Multiplexer/Demultiplexer trainer using Laser Source TDM Pulse code modulation transmitter/Receiver trainer
- Fiber optic trainer for PC to PC communication Noise Audio Amplifier trainer
- Optical power meter
- Color TV Trainers
- IoT Application Engineer
- Robotics Engineer
- Automation Engineer
- Network Planning Engineer
- Field Test Engineer
- Customer Support Engineer
- Government Sector (IES, PSUs)
- Software and Data Analyst
- Service Engineer
- Technical Director
- Research & Development Software Engineer
- Electronics and Communications Consultant
- Microsoft Certification
- Data Science – R Programming
- PLC Training
- IoT with Arduino
- Robotics and Automation
- Deep Learning with Neural Network
- Cyber Security
- Graphic Designing
- C and C++
- PCB Designing
- Communication Skill by TCS
- Spoken Tutorial by IIT Bombay
- 09:00 - 16:00
- SKITM, Indore
“Flag Hoisting’ceremony” at g:10 am on 26b January, 2o22,,The Republic Day”.
- 08:00 - 16:00
- 11:00 - 16:00
- SKITM, Indore
On the occasion of National Youth Day, Shivajirao Kadam Group of Institutions is organising an…
- 11:00 - 16:00
- SKITM, Auditorium
Shivajirao Kadam Institute of Technology and Management Aug 15, 2021 Aug 15, Celebration at SKITM…
- 09:00 - 11:00
- SKITM, Indore
Respected All, Greetings of the Day !! Department of Electronics and Communication Engineering, Shivajirao Kadam…
- 11:00 -
Dear Sir/Madam, Greetings…!!! Shivajirao Kadam Institute of Technology and Management, Indore is organizing a Expert…
- 01:30 - 02:30
- SKITM, Indore
What Our Students Say
I joined SKITM in 2018 for B.Tech and now SKITM has changed my life completely. This institute brings that supremacy of examination in me to scrutinize myself. Besides that, this institute works in all our pheripheral development, which helps us to achieve our goals. The motive of this institution is to work in all the dynamics of students where they can learn, become skilled, then innovate new things and transform themselves in the world of new technologies.
For B.Tech, I joined the SKITM in 2018 and SKITM has a wonderful environment of studies. It changed the dynamics of academics. The faculty and management of the college guides you in every field for building our career. Besides that, this institute works in the nourishment of students where they get to know their potential and enhance their capability, which helps us to achieve our aim. The motive of this institution is to motivate us to become a leader and a man of principles in every aspect of our life. SKITM is an organization where people learn to become an achiever and conquer success in their life.
I can positively say SKITM College of Engineering has made me a better person. It has helped me develop a positive attitude towards my studies and discover more about myself. Teachers are very caring and interested in students' well-being. They make sure every class is educational and interactive.
SKITM has given a platform to share ideas, build personality. It has good exposure to every kind of facility like the lab, instruments, library, fest, seminar etc. The thing which I like most was that faculties are very helpful and always encourage us to grow up in curricular and cocurricular activities and always being with us in challenging work as well.
SKITM has fulfilled all my requirements and helped me to grow and evolve as a professional. The classes are very interactive. Apart from academics, my department always takes extra effort by providing us with opportunities like software training, industrial visits, internship etc. to develop our skills required to match the needs of the industry. I express my heartfelt thanks to the institutions and faculties.